Wednesday, August 12, 2009

*Sigh* My Gilt-y Pleasure


This posting is from my guest blogger, Chris Holmes, who represents my East Coast perspective on all things fashion, living, and general fabulousness. She will be contributing regularly to balance out my West Coast musings! My bestest since 4th grade, Chris lives and works in Boston, MA. We have a shared love of Wegman's subs, Tina Turner, and late night mayo hair masks. I also knew her when she was Christy ;0)






Hi. My name is Chris and I'm a shopaholic. Hi, Chris!


Wait - that's not entirely true anymore. I've been much better (much, much better) lately in regards to staying within budget. No longer do I allow myself to meander through Downtown Crossing and Faneuil Hall during what often turned into very expensive lunch hours. I've been filing all my shopping emails away into a "Shopping" folder in my Gmail as they come in (can't quite bear to delete them all together).


There are certain sites, however, that I can't quite stop checking. That fabulous site is Gilt. It's not somewhere I usually end up buying things, since even at discounted prices, many of the designer digs are still quite pricey, to put it lightly. additionally, by the time I get to the site - new sales start at noon each day - my size is usually sold out. When that happens, I take it as a sign. When I saw this grey Carolina Herrera dress, I was in love. At $498 (on sale from $1,890), it still wasn't in my price-range. Not by a long shot. I also loved the Carolina Herrera fuchsia dress - both are perfect work/night dresses. With the fuchsia dress also being $498 (from $1,990 this time), it was also something I wasn't about to purchase to wear occasionally at work.


My question: why can't this model smile?? She has a sort of half-smile while in the pink dress...but not really. She's wearing $2,000 dresses, what's not to be happy about??





Click here to view Chris's blog "Miss Chris"!! http://cusechris13.wordpress.com/




The evidence: Me on the left, Chris on the right...

7th grade musical theater buddies! Some bonds never break, and some sequins were not meant to be forgotten. In this case, however, maybe- I purposely made this picture small so you can't see the pimples and hideous makeup jobs... Love ya Chris! (haha, sorry... )



No comments:

Post a Comment