Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's not me. It's... yeah, it's me. Shit.

I wrote this a few months ago- and never posted it- but it's all still true- so I am going to go ahead and post it anyway. :0)

Well, I know it has been an insanely long time since I've posted, and maybe, just maybe, I think I've come up with the reason why. Originally, I saw this blog as kind of my journal- When i first started it last year, I used it as a way to talk about my life- poorness, dating, dudes, despair, you name it- the general malaise possibly that is your 20's. Here in LA. Being an East Coaster. Ya know... You've read it, you know!!

So. I figured out why I haven't felt compelled to post. And it's so obvious, hellooo? Right? I have somehow, not really sure how... but somehow...found myself in a relationship. Like. A REAL ONE. Haha, ladies and gentlemen, I seem to have entered- what I would consider to be- my first adult relationship. I certainly have had other relationships, and a super long one (4 years) before this. However, that began was I was 19 and ended when I 23. Then life smacked me real hard in the face. Pretty much as hard as it gets. It ain't an easy thing pursuing your dream, trying to be your better creative self, and keep a roof over your head at the same time in a big, bad, scary city. I digress. Hmm... as I never use actual names in this blog... what shall I call him? Hmph... what would be appropriate? No Drunk Guys or Gay Guys, no. Hm. "Unexpected Guy?" "New Guy?" ...no...I got it: "Movie Guy." Even though the "l" word has been uttered, and yes, I am pretty head over you know what for him, I will refrain from using names like, "Love Guy" or "Sweetie McSweeterson".... I still have my pride. And my wit. ;)

Movie Guy and I have a a bit of a sordid history that I won't hash out here in bloggy land, but I will just say this: After almost 2 years of "kind of but not really" to "bad timing" to "never again" to "maybe he could..." to "uh oh...I'm in love".... we have finally reached that great communication place of, "I like you, let's be together for real and see what happens." And in the 3 years I have lived in Los Angeles, and the three years I have been dating here in Los Angeles... no one has ever gone there with me.

Life in general has become more chaotic I suppose- that hasn't changed- I have moved from 4 different apartments in 5 months,(HA), written a brand new script well out of my general comfort zone of quirky comedy, had and lost jobs..., had my heart close to broken, and then repaired just when I thought there was no hope left. I have become a better communicator in these few years. The main reason I haven't blogged, is because I have been--- gulp--- happy. I have been SO happy. And isn't that a horrible reason to stop blogging? I don't want to just be the kind of blogger that only writes when I feel shitty or have a need to complain. So that ends now.

Between small day trips, endless movies marathons, and my new found love for organic cooking with the boy... it has been a whirlwind 6 months. Also, in this past 6 months, I have had two scripts... get some traction with either production companies or indie producers... we are on the up and up, and it still may take a good few years... but we are on our way to something amazing with "The Lifeboat Sonata" and "Sunny Days Weight Loss"... just a matter of time, and the ball is rolling on both.

In the meantime, with Movie Guy, who also happens to be a writer and incredibly accomplished Director of Photography, I am developing a thriller/suspense film to be shot incredibly low budget. A passion project with immediate friends in the industry... and it's going to be fantastic. My oh my, have I been happy. :0) And that has been a nice change for me. I feel I lost a lot this year. My first car, (I got a new one... a shitty new one, but a new one none the less), my studio apartment, and a few jobs like I said- but those are like water to me- they keep coming- I never worry too much, because no matter what it is that I do money wise, it's never of any importance to me- just something to aid the dream. Just something to get me by. Scraping, but getting by is all I care about. Oh, that and not getting arrested.

So that's me in a nutshell as of late. I now have a whole new set of fun musings now that I find myself OUT of the uneasy world of just dating...into... relationship land... it's exciting and I can't wait to see what unfolds in the near future. I promise to post soon about what life is like once the big question ("are we or aren't we?" ) is over, and the "real" stuff starts coming into the equation. Been awhile, and I am rusty...everything feels so new and foreign...and I am thinking, I am really thinking.... that that is a very good thing. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment